Loading...

Monday, May 10, 2010

Going to the Movies!.....by yourself: Cool or Uncool?


Ok so recently one of my favorite comicbooks was made into a movie. It's a little flick called Kick-Ass, which is the story of a kid in the real world who tries to be a superhero...for real.

I really liked the comicbook and thought the movie would follow suit. So like any other comic book geek I had to see it. The only trouble is I couldn't get anyone to see it with me! I got every excuse in the book and I had no luck finding a partner in crime to watch what I knew would be an awesome movie.

So this weekend I saddled up, looked up the showtimes, and headed to the movies with me myself and I. It's not like I haven't done it before. I'm generally impatient and this sort of thing is right up my alley. I've seen a couple movies by myself. Namely "The Whale Rider" and "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon". But still it feels weird. I thought to myself "What will the ticket person say when I roll up and buy my ticket by myself." I was thinking of ways to play it off like I was meeting up with someone in the theater.

But none of that was necessary. I went in with my hidden food (customary for whenever I catch a flick), grabbed a good seat and watched a superb movie. I actually had an amazing time. I laughed, I cried, I ate (which is always fun)and just enjoyed my little outing.

So the question still remains is it a loser move to go to the movies by yourself. I actually think its the opposite. I think it'd be pretty corny to dictate your life based on the whims of other people. Why stop yourself from having a good time? So next time you feel like going anywhere and can't find someone to tag a long, just go. Trust me, you'll be fine....

Except for going to a restaurant cuz that's just awkward. Grab take out instead.

That's my Word!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment